PYE Museum Homepage The Story of Pye
1896 to
The history of the Pye Group of Companies in scientific & analytical instruments, radio & line communications, broadcasting, domestic radio & TV and industrial electronics from 1896 to the present day
The virtual museum of the Pye History Trust - Celebrating Britain’s Scientific & Industrial Heritage
Cathodeon Crystals Ltd - Company Timeline
1953 Founded
1960 Moved to purpose-built factory in Linton
1971 Major extension
1973 Opened Wisbeach feeder factory
1976 Pye purchased by Philips
1981 Transferred from Pye to CEI
1988 Closed main production
1989 Closed all operations*
* For a short while there was a residue of operations within Newmarket Microsystems run by Ian Lines. Cathodeon Crystals Limited was dissolved in 1992 according to Companies House (Company No. 00525339).
  Cathodeon Crystals Brochure